1.5
Ease of Use

Update by user Dec 29, 2017

After a lot of persistence, we finally did get a return phone call and they put us in touch with someone at the local store who helped. However, my wife still had to leave again and get a return phone call while they worked on getting the gift card to work. All this over a $25 gift card.

Original review posted by user Dec 28, 2017

Lafayette, IN Ollies - I received a $25 gift card as a bit of a joke, because I like to bargain shop at Ollies. The card wouldn't swipe and they told me to bring back the receipt next time.

Returned the next day with the receipt. The clerk was able to verify the balance and examined the receipt, but the card wouldn't scan. So she called the store manager. He said (and I quote), "Well there is nothing we can do if the card won't scan.

We will call the number and call you back." Obviously he was never going to call us back, we knew that. However, we thought we would be able to call the number on the card ourselves. No luck, it's an automated message. Called the corporate office number and it seems ONE person handles all customer service.

We had to leave a message. We won't hold our breath on that return call.

They've lost a loyal customer. This was the most ridiculous experience I've ever had with a store.

I didn't like: Store management, Customer service.

Comments

#1420168

Prices are reasonable, but the store is very nasty and junky. Presentation is everything and the company should think about upgrading the look of the store inside.